Wednesday, August 25, 2010

New shift and stuff

So, yesterday I started my new shift at work. I am happy to be on a later shift. My body is more receptive to the hours. However if I don't get a nap I'll still be tired tonight. I went to bed at about 4am and officially got up at about 11 after getting up twice to give Freya the paci. I thought we were almost done with it, but she's recently wanted it more. I figure she's gone through some change the last month and some serious teething so we'll give her a little before trying to decrease it's use again. I wish she would take to something else for a lovely.

Work will be interesting. As we were in the process of switching shifts the sup that I should be reporting to is now "no longer with the company" There are rumors, but I don't know what really happened, and it doesn't really matter. But, I am going to still be working with the agents even though they will be reporting to different sups. Funny thing I have been proud to know most people working in the department, but this batch is a lot of new people and I only know a third of them.

Last night the manager asked me to get together where they all are and report to him by the end of the week. It kinda surprised me a bit. That's not something I have ever been asked by a manager or really anyone. I'm glad to have the opportunity to show what I can do, but I don't know about the sup position.

I keep saying I'm not going to apply, but I know I should. I don't want to be over loaded with work so that it interferes with my family. Being salaried means you have to essentially work mandatory over time, with no overtime pay. But I wouldn't have to worry about a lot of the technicalities of being a lead. I don't know for now I'm sticking to not applying. I think I want someone else to convince me to apply. Call it what you want. Well time to get Randy up to be with Freya so I can take a nap before lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment